How to Give
Every gift matters. Every giver makes a difference.
Alumni, parents and friends support Georgetown in a variety of ways. For more information or assistance in making your gift, please contact us.
Make an Immediate Impact
- Cash gifts—the simplest and easiest gift you can make—can be made by credit card, personal check, cashier's check or money order made payable to Georgetown University. Make a gift today online or via our print-out giving form.
- Gifts of appreciated securities, stocks and bonds provide considerable tax advantages when transferred to Georgetown before they are sold. Learn more.
- Recurring gifts can help sustain your impact through regular and consistent contributions to Georgetown. You can set up your credit card to be charged a certain amount at a frequency of your choosing.
- Speak up for Georgetown by giving your speaker honorarium to the university. To learn more, call the Annual Fund at 1-800-424-2795.
- Gifts from UK Tax Payers: If you are a UK tax payer -- even if you also pay taxes in the US -- you may be able to increase the value of your gift by donating to The UK Friends of Georgetown Limited, a UK-registered charity, and electing to have Gift Aid apply to your donation. Learn more.
Grow Your Contribution Over Time
- Gift pledges are formal statements of intention to make a gift. With a pledge, you may complete your gift by making regular payments over time. Each payment on your pledge is eligible for an income-tax deduction.
- Endowed gifts are invested by the university to generate income in perpetuity, providing you an opportunity to make a lasting impact. Endowed gifts can be established with a minimum contribution of $100,000. They can be directed towards scholarships, professorships and special programs.
Create a Lasting Legacy
- Giving through your will or trust offers a way to support Georgetown’s mission for generations while meeting your current financial needs. Learn more.
- Income gifts allow you to make a gift and receive income back—for you or a loved one. There are several ways to accomplish this tailored to your personal goals. Learn more.
- Other creative gift plans provide opportunities to transfer ownership of your home, farm or other treasured asset to ensure your dream of helping others is met. Learn more.
Recognize a Special Time or Person
- Reunion gifts—made during your reunion year—can help show your appreciation for what Georgetown has meant to you. At reunion, special awards are presented to classes with the most reunion gift contributions (dollars raised and number of classmates contributing).
- Memorial gifts can be made in honor of a family member, classmate, professor or other member of the Georgetown community.
Making a deferred or planned gift to Georgetown, including bequests, life income plans and other options for your estate, can help you increase your income and earn valuable income-tax deductions today. More
Many employers match the contributions made by employees, sometimes on a one-to-one, two-to-one or even three-to-one basis. To find out if your employer matches charitable gifts, use our employer gift matching search engine. More
Gifts made to the UK Friends of Georgetown, a registered charity in England and Wales, may be eligible for tax benefits in both the United Kingdom and the United States. More