Ensuring safe and healthy campuses
Working with public health experts, government officials, and members of our Georgetown community, the university has built a completely new infrastructure to ensure a safe return to our campuses and continuity of our teaching and research mission. These efforts have allowed a phased reopening, preparing us for when we can all be safely together again and establishing lasting best practices.
The university estimates a cost of $100M to continue implementing this infrastructure through this academic year. Your gift in the following areas will support that ongoing work—and our institution’s long-term health.
- Georgetown’s public health infrastructure for COVID-19, which includes:
- Partnership with One Medical to execute testing and daily symptom tracking
- PPE and safety kits for all students, faculty, and staff on campus, including Georgetown masks produced in special partnership with Alta Gracia
- Campus preparations, including enhanced sanitation procedures, signage and physical barriers, and Public Health Ambassadors
- Technology and curricular adaptation to support academic continuity, including:
- Technological upgrades to classrooms
- Additional investments in technology platforms
- CNDLS faculty workshops and resources for remote and hybrid teaching
Learn more about the university’s COVID-19 response and make a gift >